Budgets are tight this year, but that doesn't mean you can't give a fantastic gift to your girlfriends. With a little creativity, your fabulous gift will be cherished all year long. Here are some ideas:
1. Handmade jewelry -- While you may not be able to afford diamonds or pearls, you can give a one-of-a-kind piece of sparkly jewelry by choosing a handmade piece. There are thousands of independent jewelry designers, all with a different style and specialty. I have sparkly, stunning options starting at $10...just click here!
2. Infused vodka -- Even if you're not Martha Stewart, you can easily turn a bottle of inexpensive vodka into a special gift. Pour vodka and your favoring item (pineapple is delish!) into a sealable glass container, let set for 3-5 days. Remove the label from the vodka bottle and make your own. Separate the vodka and the flavoring item. Pour the vodka back into the original bottle. Voila!
3. Magazine subscription -- For less than $20, and sometimes around $10, you can give a gift that keeps on giving for a full year. Choose a magazine that's she would not choose for herself, but that inspires her the entire year. Give your friends different subscriptions and every can share magazines.
4. Mix CD -- Bring back special times by creating a mix CD of your shared favorite music. Or introduce your girlfriend to some new music. Make a personalized paper case insert with wrapping paper or stationary.
5. Evening bag -- Buy a simple, inexpensive evening bag at a discount store and embellish it yourself. Glue on sequins, rhinestones, or satin ribbon. Pin on a vintage brooch. Or swap out the handle with a long, fancy necklace.